Monday, February 16, 2009

A Quick Trip North


The Airlie road from Highway 99 N to the coast range is made for a fast, tightly wound sports car. I drive a 200 Subaru Legacy Wagon (with HX rated Michelin tires).
I was on my way to pick up a donation from Mary Olsen, owner of Airlie Winery. Her two Irish Setters came out to greet me and make sure they got lots of attention. Mary gave us a bottle of 2004 Dunn Forest Vineyard Pinot Noir.
I tasted her 2007 Chardonnay: vanilla and very slight oak with a rich after taste of spice. The Pinot Gris was fresh and bright with a little grapefruit and floral hint with a bit of mineral.
I plan on coming back in April to get a few bottles of both.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments on the project and add any wineries I have not listed.