Sunday, November 18, 2012

Lunch at King Estate

What can I say? The food is amazing, the wine id good, he veiws are remarkable, and the staff id grasios and perfectly trained.
We took my mother in law for lunch and had the best meal of the week. Linda ordered the flight of Pinots ranging from the '09 to the '11. She liked the '09 best (as did I) I went against my better judgement and had a glass of the just released '11 Signature Pinot Noir. I must say that I knew what I was going to get before I got it as I have tasted some of the other '11's from the barrel so I was m\not disappointed, but rather, I was optimistic. The wine is very tight, the tannins are a bit harsh and the over all taste is a bit even and bland, BUT the fruit is there, the acid balance it good, and in 6 months, this will be an outstanding wine, in a year it will be perfect, and in 10 years it will be sought after.
I had the Alaskan Scallops with fresh corn for a start, then moved on to a Hanger steak that was perfectly done. Linda's mom had the Salmon and was smiling for most of the meal. All in all a wonderful lunch and I highly recommend buying a few bottles of the '11 to lay down. It will be an amazing vintage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments on the project and add any wineries I have not listed.