Sunday, December 2, 2012

$100 Blind Luck

We had an occasion to open a very good bottle of wine last night with dinner. I went to our small cellar and closed my eyes and picked up the first bottle I touched: '06 Cathy's Reserve Pinot Noir. Single vineyard Pommard, 147 cases produced. Oh my! Ceder, black fruit, outstanding balance with a mouth filling smoothness. It was so good it is hard to describe but it made every single thing in our simple repast elegant and sumptuous. It was an honor to have been given one of these bottles each year by Cathy for the "one bottle project" I did. Cathy passed away in November of last year.
Stoller has become one of the most respected wineries in Oregon and was noted in the December issue of Wine Spectator in the feature about Oregon wines.
The Reserve is only available at the tasting room and is not a low priced wine. This one is $100.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments on the project and add any wineries I have not listed.