Friday, January 21, 2011

Cool New Eugene Restaurant

Sabai just opened the doors last Wednesday and already the buzz has started! I dropped by after book shopping at Borders and met Jake the barman. Always a good person to know after a long day of meetings and driving. First taste was my favorite Martiniesque concoction, the Lafayette (named after me). Coat the martini glass with Grand Mariner, toss it out, then add Sapphire Gin (shaken) and a crushed mint leaf. He did a great job on it and then tempted me with a as yet un-named drink made with Old Overholt and  Bonal Gentiane with a twist of orange. Great drink! Made me think of sitting on the patio of the Galle Face Hotel with an old Englishman.
The food menu look great as does the wine list. Though it is still small they attend to the local wines well. Benton Lane, King, Erath, and a couple more. No doubt the list will expand as their audience grows.  They are located just inside the entrance to the courtyard across from Chapala in the Oakway Mall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments on the project and add any wineries I have not listed.