Saturday, October 31, 2009

New Art at Sweet Cheeks



Anne Teigen, who, after a career in fine jewelry and printmaking in California, decided to move up here and paint, is one of my clients. I hang her work for sale at various venues around the area and the tasting room at Sweet Cheeks has been the most lucrative so far. Her work is bright and bold and fits perfectly with the atmosphere and wines there.
After hauling large paintings in and out I had to do a little tasting.
  • The '07 Pinot Noir is a gentle, subtle, yet strongly flavored wine. Hints of cherries and spices in the nose, with a complex taste and velvety mouth feel. 
  • The '08 Pinot Fusion combines Cab Franc and Merlot into a very pleasant wine. Lots of variety in tatste from cherries to ripe black berry.
  • My favorite is the Semi-Sweet Riesling. I love this just to sip. Great with spiced foods. Lots of hints of fruits such as peach and pear.
  • Always a great wine from these folks is the Pinot Gris. The '08 is no exception. Bright, clean, and tasty, with fig, apple, pear, and melon.
  • '07 Dry Riesling; We had a few bottles of this for afternoons on the deck when the weather permitted in late summer. Nothing better than the dry, clean taste of grapefruit and green berry to enjoy in the sun.
I forgot my labeling machine and now I have to go back and spend an hour labeling, sipping, labeling, sipping...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments on the project and add any wineries I have not listed.