Thursday, October 15, 2009

Climate Change

Celebrating  “Blog Action Day”, I feel kind of bad about driving all over the state for "one bottle'" at a time so I try very hard to consolidate my trips, staying with friends, and making trips count, plus planning on going to wine events so I can see as many winery people as I can at once. I am already using less gas than last year (based on miles per bottle collected) an hope to keep it up. I try never to come back without a full case.
The wineries are using more and more solar these days. I was just at Stoller Winery and saw the system they put in.
The list of wineries that have installed systems is impressive and growing all the time;
We installed a 3kw system early this year and have cut our electric bill by 1/3 already so I can only imagine what some of those huge systems are saving in terms of both money and electricity.
Please encourage those wineries who have installed systems.
For more information about climate change visit here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments on the project and add any wineries I have not listed.