Thursday, April 2, 2009

Tuesday Afternoon



The collection has grown larger than I ever imagined and it is still growing. Sokol Blosser gave a bottle of 2006 Willamette Valley Pinot Noir. I taste black cherry up front and lighter fruit in the back andthe taste lasted longer than a lot of the 06 Pinots. I am always impressed with the level of giving from some of the wineries! I love the new Willamette Valley Wine map! The old one had numbers where the wineries were and you had to look them up. The paper the map was printed on tore very easely and was very frustrating. Now:beter paper, and names on the map!
Using this new tool, I found my way to ArborBrook and met Mary, and the winery cat, to collect a bottle of 2007 Heritage Cuve'e and give some pets.
I stopped by another winery in Dundee to pick up a bottle of Barron-Wahl 2007 Pinot Noir Estate. There is a nice article on them in the local paper.
I drove in to Carlton and Met with my friend Rebecca who works at the Abby where they ship wine. Boyd Teegarden was there from Natalie's Estate and gave me a bottle of his 2007 Red Hills Cabernet Sauvignon. (on the left). Many of the wine people I had met and who gave wine were there Cliff Anderson, Dean from ADEA, who got in to the wine biz as a steel fabricator, had great stories about a de-stemming machine.
The Gladharts were ther from Winter's Hill and were excited about the new landscaping at the vineyard.
I tatsed the 2006 Vista Hills Pinot Noir and faded out the door and for home. Long drive to Medford and Cave Junction in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments on the project and add any wineries I have not listed.