Sunday, April 5, 2009

Eugene to Roseburg and Back


Our semi annual pick up of Girardet Baco Noir was on Saturday. I left around 9:45 and got to the winery in time to miss the tour bus full of wine tasters traveling around the Umpqua Valley. The crew at GiradetWine Cellars had warned me not to show during the tour. Philippe greeted me and Offered a bottle of his fine Pinot Noir but I ask if instead, we could have the Baco. With a smile, he said" This is my baby" and gave me a bottle of his 2007 Baco Noir Reserve.
Philippe, and now his son Marc, have been making wine in Tenmile, near Winston, since 1971 and their Baco has been peoples choice in at least 4 competitions around the Northwest.
As I was leaving, after visiting with Philippe and tasting all the wines (and buying a lot of his sale wines plus our club wines) I set of for Eugene and my 1:30 haircut appointment. I had rather let it grow and stayed for more time at the winery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments on the project and add any wineries I have not listed.