Thursday, April 9, 2009

Iris Hill's New Cottage Grove Facility

This morning, after securing my wine stash, I headed out for Cottage Grove to visit Iris Hill's new digs. They had promised a bottle of 2007 Pinot Noir and I was eager to get it as it is the LAST BOTTLE (as far as I know) in the collection. I was pleased and surprised when Mike upgraded me to the fantastic 2005 Arete' Pinot Noir! Here is Laura with the bottle. Only 200 cases were made and there is very little left. "A stylish, silky, full bodied Pinot Noir with raspberry, black cherry, and spicy, earthy notes on the nose. On the palate the mouth is filled with ripe flavors of Marion berries, blueberries and black plums, with hints of cinnamon and oak spice followed by a long and elegant fruit driven finish. This wine has excellent cellaring potential".
Linda and I bought this when it was released and have it down until 20011-14.
I returned to the office and was greeted by a box that said "Otis Kenyon Wines" The Walla Walla Valley is in Washington BUT the winery and facilities for Otis Kenyon is in Milton- Freewater so...Oregon wine! They sent a bottle of their 2005 Cabernet Sauvignon! Truely a great wine.
Well, I guess that is that for a while. The auction is tomorrow night and we have 180+ attendees so far. Let us hope for the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments on the project and add any wineries I have not listed.