Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Wednesday at a Dead Run!

I left Winderlea with a bottle of Inaugural 2006 Reserve Pinot Noir and headed up the hill to Aramenta where they gave me their very fine 2006 Chardonnay. I then dashed to Willakenzie Estate and had a nice relaxing talk with Ronnie about the winery and it's history and a taste of their four top Pinot Noirs. I left with a bottle of 2006 Pierre Leon Pinot Noir!
Off to Elk Cove for a promised 2007 Pinot Gris( 91 points W.E. editors choice). I never get tired of a well made Pinot Gris. There is a mix of delicasy and power in that wine and when made right, it is great!
Deep breath! Off to Carlton where I stopped for a really nice chat at Cana's Feast with Patrick and left with a bottle of 2006 Bricco Reserva, a Sangiovese that is excellent!
I stopped by the wine studio but nobody home so I went down to Scott Paul and found them doing paperwork and after some pleading, left with a wonderful 2007 Cuvee Martha Pirrie Pinot Noir.
Down the street Solena Cellars had a big surprise waiting in the from of a Magnum of 2006Dommaine Danielle Laurant Pinot Noir . This is a very good wine and should be held for 8 to 10 years and will be a singal item at the auction.
A short hop to McMinnville and the next stop, Panther Creek for a bottle of 2007 Winemaker's Cuvee Pinot Noir. This is one of the wines that prove 2007 was good year after all. It hearkens back to a cool climate Pinot Noir that is delicate yet strong and has a fine quality.
Alas, I am almost 60 and happily married...My last stop of the day was at R. Stuart& Co where Nicole entertained me through a glass of Pinot and a relaxed end of gathering for the day. She gave me a bottle of 2007 Autograph Pinot Noir.
Home and a rest, then off again Friday!

1 comment:

  1. Robert,

    Again, happy to see momentum building for the auction! I just wanted to clarify one thing about the bottle of 2006 Bricco Riserva that we donated - it is actually 100% Sangiovese from the Columbia Valley. The neat thing about it, is that it is also 100% Certified Brunello clone Sangiovese! Keep up the good work!

    -Patrick
    Cana's Feast Winery

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments on the project and add any wineries I have not listed.