Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A visit to Portland



Today I delivered a painting by Allen Cox to the Cascade AIDS Project in downtown Portland. While I was there I went to visit one of our wine donors, GC Winery. They are out on 30th in the 2600 block in a new industrial building. Very modern and stylish. I went in on the off chance that John Grochau would be around. He was gone but I got to meet Athena, who, with friend, partner, and husband Stewart Boedecker makes Boedecker wines! Great luck. I ask her for one their wines and she graciously gave me a 2007 Grenache made from grapes grown in the Rouge Valley. She also gave me John's Grochau Cellars Toute de Suite 2007 Willamette Valley Pinot Noir.
I recommend a trip to NW Portland and a stop to taste and visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments on the project and add any wineries I have not listed.