Friday, December 19, 2008

The Challenge begins!

Part of a letter from a vintner who is inundated with requests for free wine:

While I would like to help, candidly I’ve already supported the initiatives that are consistent with our charitable goals / interests. I like Mozart, and I’m sure that you and your organization make wonderful music, but I can’t support everyone.

However, there is one aspect of this proposal that does cause me to pause, and that is the idea that you hope to get “every winery in Oregon” to participate. I would never want to be “the one winery that didn’t”! So here’s my proposal: When you have secured commitments from a minimum of 150-wineries (which is a fraction of the number in Oregon), please come back to me at that time with some evidence that you’ve achieved the goal and I will provide one bottle for your auction event.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments on the project and add any wineries I have not listed.