Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Tasting Maysara's 2005 Delara Pinot Noir

I opened one of the "One Bottle" auction bottles that Linda and I purchased in April at our Oregon Mozart Players auction, and I must say, I am well pleased.
Let me clarify how I ended up buying two cases of the wine I had driven all over the state of Oregon to collect from all the wonderful donors. I was in the Tux up front with Bob Sogge and watching the auctioneer trying to get the bid up over $400 per case when out of the corner of my eye I spotted one of the most rabid bidders...my wife. So I not only was afforded the great pleasure of meeting the wine people and tasting the product at the wineries, I also got to bring some home, and raise $900 for our Players.
The wine is the 2005 Maysara Delara Pinot Noir. Superb! Soft fruit nose opening to a chocolate and clove back. Lush chocolate, black cherry, and a little more chocolate. The mouth feel is smooth and filing with a little tooth. Should be great in another 3-5 years. Love it.
Kind of sad I opened it now...but not THAT sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments on the project and add any wineries I have not listed.