Wednesday, August 12, 2009

King Estate and Beyond

Today, after putting up labels on Anne Teigen's paintings at Sweet Cheeks Winery, meeting some very nice people from Mesa AZ. at Silvan Ridge, and visiting at Chateau Lorane , I took a chance and stopped at King Estate and ask for their donation of "One Bottle". Jennifer gave a bottle of the 2007 Signature Pinot Gris, and a bottle of the 2006 next Oregon Riesling. Both are from King but are different brands. I tasted both and must say I was pleased by what they present in the 2006 Riesling: crisp and fruity with a smooth finish. A great little summer wine. The Gris is a little tart and has nice fruit. Paired with a nice salad and white cheese...superb. That is the most distributed Pinot Gris in America!
At Chateau Lorane, where I tasted a few of the wines , I was brought up short by the 2006 Viognier (off dry)!I always enjoy a good Viognier but this is truly the best I have ever tasted. Peach, nectarine, pear, caramel, and it has a mouth feel of silk but is not cloying and sticky. Man, THAT is what I want for our auction!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments on the project and add any wineries I have not listed.