Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A short but productive trip



Today I went on a short drive up Terroirtorial Road through the Southern Willamette Valley wine country and picked up a 2005 Blue Dot Pinot Noir from Pfeiffer Vineyard. I have this wine in my collection and was VERY happy to get one for the auction. Truly one of the best! I then stopped by Benton Lane (shown here) and picked up the 2007 Estate grown Pinot Noir. Still in bottle shock but lively and luscious with lots of aroma of strawberry with chocolate layered in . On the palate, it exhibits cherry flavors with red licorice. I stopped by Broadley in Monroe on the off chance that they would be there and my bet paid off with a bottle of the 2007 Shea Pinot Noir! That is Morgan with the wine.
I, like most men, hate to turn around, so I drove on to Corvallis and visited with Jerry at Wineopolis at 151 NW Monroe. As I walked in I was met by John Bacon who, with Jane Smith, is responsible for Nuthatch Cellars. Their wine was sold off the shelves so he is bringing down another for me. Jerry gave me a bottle of 3 Fools. This one is their Del Rio Reds and it will be a real treat to whoever gets it!

1 comment:

Please leave your comments on the project and add any wineries I have not listed.